[Air-L] Looking for pitches: rethinking the internet (deadline soon!)

Katja Bego katja.bego at nesta.org.uk
Tue Oct 23 06:58:44 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Nesta is, as part of the European Commission's Next Generation Internet
initiative
<https://www.nesta.org.uk/project/next-generation-internet-engineroom/>,
working on creating a "compendium" of essays, short stories, art works,
poems, games, etc. rethinking the internet. This collection will be turned
into both an interactive website and a physical book to be released next
March.

*Key details: **Who: *Open worldwide, any individual (or organisation) can
apply. We are looking to feature established names in the field as well as
emerging names (note: some contributors will be directly invited, rather
than selected through the open call).
*Renumeration: *Paid!
*Deadline for pitches: *Friday 26/10 -  but let me know if you need a bit
more time.
*Deadline for contributions: *If we move forward with your pitch, work
needs to be completed by the end of January.
*How do I apply: *Send a short pitch of up to 200 words about your proposed
contribution, as well as examples of your previous work to

*ngi_opencall18 at nesta.org.uk <ngi_opencall18 at nesta.org.uk>*Read more about
the open call here
<https://www.nesta.org.uk/blog/call-pitches-help-us-rethink-internet/>.

What we're really looking for "radical" new alternatives for the internet,
covering different geographical perspectives (Cuban internet? Chinese
internet?) and "value systems" (feminist internets? decentralised internet?
Splinternet), as well as explorations of different smaller subtopics (see
here <https://www.nesta.org.uk/blog/ten-challenges-internet/> for a blog
that outlines some of the main issues we are ourselves looking at- but by
no means restrict yourself to these).

We are keen to feature contributions across a range of different media, the
only thing we ask is that you keep in mind your final output needs to be
something that can reasonable be featured on a website (and book).

Please do share externally if you know about people who aren't part of the
AoIR community, but might be interested. We really want to make this as
diverse a compendium as possible!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me directly, or
to the general email address: ngi_opencall18 at nesta.org.uk

Hope to hear back from some of you,

Katja

--
Katja Bego | Senior Researcher, Explorations & Futures team and Coordinator
of EU Engineroom

--

				58 Victoria Embankment
				London

				www.nesta.org.uk
<http://www.nesta.org.uk/> |					Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/nesta_uk>
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1868227&goback=%2Egdr_1274367066783_1>
|				 				Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NESTA/116788428355432?v=wall&ref=sgm>

If
you no longer want to receive emails from Nesta, send an email to
info at nesta.org.uk <mailto:info at nesta.org.uk>. This email and any
attachments are confidential and may be 				subject to legal privilege. Any
use, copying or disclosure other 				than by the intended recipient is
unauthorised. If you have 				received this message in error, please notify
the sender 				immediately via				 				+44 (0)20 7438 2500 or by email to
	 				info at nesta.org.uk <mailto:information at nesta.org.uk> and delete this
message and any 				copies from your computer and network. The views
expressed in 				this email are those of the author and do not necessarily
			reflect the views of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by 				guarantee
and registered in England and Wales with company 				number 7706036 and
charity number 1144091. Registered as a 				charity in Scotland number
SC042833. Registered office: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS.