[Air-L] Chairperson Search - Media & Information at MSU

Keith Hampton keith.hampton at mysocialnetwork.net
Sat Sep 15 07:51:46 PDT 2018

 Colleagues,

My department is searching for a new chairperson. Come work with us! We are
looking for a scholar who can help advance our transdisciplinary approach
to media and information. I hope that a number of you are interested,
please feel free to contact me directly.

Keith

*Chairperson in Media and Information*
http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/499944/chairpersonmanagement

Job no: 532615
College Of Communication Arts Sciences
Department of Media and Information
Location: East Lansing, MI

Position Summary
M&I is a top-five ranked, research and grant-active department. The
department’s 31 faculty have core interests that focus on the study of
technology and society, human-technology interaction, and technological
systems. The M&I faculty was deliberately recruited from a range of
disciplines, including communication, computer science, media
human-computer interaction, management, psychology, sociology, political
science, economics, STS, and design to complement each and to create a
unique intellectual energy. This environment takes the best and most useful
elements of various disciplines to create novel insights. Such endeavors
expand our knowledge in new and innovative ways.

Our top-ranked cross-department doctoral program has over 60 students. Our
applied master’s program enrolls over 60 students from across the globe. We
educate over 800 undergraduate majors in film and media production, games
and interactive media, media and information management, and human-centered
technology design.

Our next chairperson will be a globally recognized scholar who brings
dynamic and inclusive leadership experience to further our
transdisciplinary vision and to balance the department’s research
initiatives and creative activity with our teaching mission. We value
experience in public policy or industry and a willingness to engage with
stakeholders outside the academy.

The Department of Media and Information is a member of the iSchools
consortium and is housed in MSU’s world-renowned College of Communication
Arts and Sciences. Established in 1955, as the first of its kind in the
country, “ComArtSci” is now one of the largest and most respected colleges
of Communication in the world. ComArtSci combines a research-intensive
faculty with a strong professional mission to prepare students for
rewarding careers and to influence the professional practice of
communication globally. For additional information, visit mi.msu.edu.

M&I is committed to achieving excellence by creating and sustaining an
accessible and inclusive culture that values cultural and academic
diversity. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The
department is particularly interested in candidates of all backgrounds who
are committed to the principles of diversity and proactive inclusion.
Michigan State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive
reasonable accommodation.

*Keith N. Hampton, Ph.D.*
*Professor, Department of Media and Information*
*Director for Academic Research, Quello Center*
*Affiliate Faculty, Department of Sociology*
www.mysocialnetwork.net
www.twitter.com/mysocnet