[Air-L] Tenure track professorship (W1) in Digital Transformation (Media and Communication Research), University of Erlangen-Nürnberg (Germany)

Hagenhoff, Svenja svenja.hagenhoff at fau.de
Thu Sep 20 02:22:33 PDT 2018

Dear all,

we are currently advertising a tenure track professorship (W1) in Media and Communication Research within an interdisciplinary cluster on digital transformation (see official website of the university:  https://www.fau.eu/university/careers-at-fau/professorships/#collapse_1; closing date: 22nd of October!).

The Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) is one of the leading research universities in Germany and the second largest full-university in Bavaria with an extraordinary broad range of disciplines (see: https://www.fau.eu/). Digital Transformation has been defined as one of the "key research areas" of the FAU bringing together researchers from the social sciences, law, economy, ethics, computer sciences, digital humanities, engineering etc.

Our location in Erlangen is an attractive, quite international, lively and bike-oriented southern German university town with a little more than 100,000 inhabitants and roughly 30.000 students. A short 20-min rail- or bus-trip away, Nürnberg (or "Nuremberg") with more than half a million inhabitants is the centre of one of the largest metropolitan areas in southern Germany and offers diverse cultural activities. At Erlangen's and Nürnberg's doorsteps, the Franconian Switzerland as well as the Franconian lakes provide for many leisure opportunities of mid-range mountains (climbing, walking, biking/mountain biking, canoeing, cross country skiing etc.). Erlangen and Nürnberg are very well connected with Intercity Express trains to Munich (approx. 1,5 h to the south) and Berlin (approx. 3h to the north). Nürnberg has an international airport with connections to many major European cities.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. Also, please feel encouraged to distribute widely!

Best wishes,

Svenja

---------
Prof. Dr. Svenja Hagenhoff