[Air-L] End of an Era

Shulman, Stu stu at texifter.com
Sat Sep 22 03:34:37 PDT 2018

Suppose you had access to every undeleted Tweet in history, but it was
about to end, and you could pick any 3 days, and any set of hashtags, or
other keywords, to create a dataset with educational and collaborative
research value for years to come, a dataset that will be nearly impossible
to create (for free) after October 1.

1. What three days?
2. What valid premium Twitter rule (up to 2048 characters)?

Send your ideas (soon) to info at texifter.com and we may just be able to get
that data, store it for posterity, and sponsor your research group with
free software for a year. We are more than a bit sad to report the likely
imminent end of an era serving largely academic researchers with historical
Twitter data:

https://mailchi.mp/b038af1b77f1/major-changes-to-sifter-september-29-2018-update

In the meantime, there are some ad hoc international groups forming right
now to study three datasets we have already created:

a. #metoo (October 15-17, 2017) 234,993 Tweets
b. #cuéntalo (April 27-28, 2018) 521,748 Tweets
c. #balancetonporc (October 15-17, 2017) 239,715 Tweets

If you, your class, or your college want to join the international group of
multilingual scholars working collaboratively on these datasets, please
send an email to info at texifter.com. We are sponsoring any student or class
that is working to advance our understanding of the global #metoo movement.

~Stu

--
Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Founder and CEO, Texifter