[Air-L] TT job at American University

Aram Sinnreich aram at american.edu
Wed Apr 3 07:19:29 PDT 2019

JOB ALERT:

Open Rank Position, Tenure Eligible in Media, Technology & Democracy

https://apply.interfolio.com/61892

The School of Communication at American University<https://american.edu/soc/>, Washington, D.C., invites applications for an open-rank, tenure eligible position beginning August 1, 2020. Applicants should have a PhD in Communication, Media Studies, Science and Technology Studies, or a related field.
Qualifications

Our ideal candidate will have a record of conducting research at the intersection of media, technology and democracy, with engagement in issues such as (but not limited to): internet, communications and/or technology policy; corporate and/or government use of large data sets; critical analysis of emergent business models; the implications of disinformation by commercial, criminal, and/or government interests; and the role of AI/machine learning/algorithms in the transformation of democratic society.

This position is located within the Communication Studies division at SOC, which houses our highly competitive doctoral program, as well as a research-focused undergraduate program and our Masters in Global Media. SOC is noted for its faculty’s engagement with public intellectual life. Service responsibilities will be commensurate with professional experience. This position will be vital to advising, mentoring and teaching students within our undergraduate and graduate programs, particularly our PhD program.
Application Instructions

Salary and benefits are competitive.  Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled, subject to ongoing budgetary approval.  Please submit applications via Interfolio. Include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, recent teaching evaluations (when possible), and copies of recent published papers or working papers, as well as a statement of past and/or future contributions to diversity and inclusion through teaching, research, and/or service. Please contact Aisha Green, Faculty Coordinator, 202-885-2133 or aisha at american.edu if you have any questions.

American University is a private institution within easy reach of the many centers of government, business, research, and the arts located within the nation’s capital.  For more information about American University, visit www.american.edu. Learn more about the School of Communication at http://www.american.edu/soc/.

—
Aram Sinnreich<http://www.sinnreich.com>

Associate Professor
Chair, Communication Studies