[Air-L] AoIR Executive Elections: Candidate Discussion Now Open

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Mon Apr 8 00:16:11 PDT 2019

Dear AoIR members,

As you know, this year the members of the Association of Internet Researchers elect a new Executive Committee. We are very grateful to the candidates who have nominated for the various positions on the AoIR Executive. They are listed at the bottom of this email.

AoIR routinely holds a period before voting for you to ask questions of the candidates. To see their statements and to ask them questions, please log in to the AoIR membership system at members.aoir.org.

If you're not a member, now would be a great time to join, so that you can participate in discussions with the candidates and vote in the election.

To log in, you need to know the email address that you used to register as a member, and your password. Log on to https://members.aoir.org. (If you've forgotten your password, you can follow the on-screen instructions to have a new one emailed to you. If you've forgotten the email you used to register, please contact Association Coordinator Michelle Gardner at ac [at] aoir [dot] org.)

Once you've logged in, you'll find the candidate statements under Members -> Elections -> Candidate Statements, and you'll see a link there for the discussions as well. Each discussion includes a Reply function that enables you to participate.

Log in and get to know the candidates, and please vote! Voting will open on 22 April 2019, and close on 1 May 2019. We use an online voting system, and will send out information about how to vote when the voting period opens.

My sincere thanks to all the candidates for their willingness to serve, and their desire to make AoIR even better. Many thanks in advance also to all of our AoIR members (and soon-to-be-members!) for your participation in the election process.

Axel Bruns
President, AoIR

Nominees:

Vice-President
Andrew Herman (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Tama Leaver (Curtin University)
Graham Meikle (University of Westminster)
Raquel Recuero (Universidade Federal de Pelotas)

Treasurer
Kelly Quinn (University of Illinois at Chicago)

Secretary
Katrin Tiidenberg (Aarhus University)
Jacqueline Ryan Vickery (University of North Texas)

Graduate Student Representative
Zoe Glatt (London School of Economics)
Ragan Glover (North Carolina State University)
Gabriel Pereira (Aarhus University)
Jarrod Walczer (Queensland University of Technology)
Heather Walker (University of Illinois at Chicago)

Open Seat(s)
Crystal Abidin (Jönköping University/Curtin University)
Fabio Giglietto (Università di Urbino Carlo Bo)
Jeff Hemsley (Syracuse University)
Nicholas John (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Erika Pearson (Massey University)
Theo Plothe (Savannah State University)
Cindy Tekobbe (University of Alabama)

--