[Air-L] C&T 2019 Workshop: Implementing diversity in HCI education

Aal, Konstantin konstantin.aal at uni-siegen.de
Mon Apr 15 02:15:55 PDT 2019

Call for Participation: Because nothing is more normal than diversity: Implementing diversity in HCI education<https://hcidiversity.wineme.wiwi.uni-siegen.de/>
In the sense of C&T 2019<https://2019.comtech.community/workshopprogram.html>’s motto “Transforming communities” we invite participants (scholars, educators, designers, developers, policy-makers, students and more) to discuss topics evolving around the implementation of diversity aspects into HCI education. One of the main goals of the workshop is to build an interested community by fostering a discourse about the importance of diversity as a theme in HCI lectures and sketch guidelines for practical HCI education. We especially invite students as well to share their perspectives on diversity in HCI education.
Position papers should be 2-4 pages long (in an appropriate format) and be sent tomichael.ahmadi at uni-siegen.de<mailto:michael.ahmadi at uni-siegen.de> in pdf format. The submissions will be reviewed based on relevance to the workshop. At least one co-author of each accepted paper should attend the workshop.
Important Dates:
Final Submission Deadline: April 20, 2019
Final Notification: April 25, 2019
Workshop Day: June 3 or 4, 2019
Location:
Communities & Technologies,