[Air-L] Tool: Download Embedded Twitter Media - Gephi Compatible UPDATE

Allen-Robertson, James jallenh at essex.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 03:35:17 PDT 2019

Dear all,

A small note to say that I’ve just published a new version (0.1.3.0) of the Twitter Media Downloader with Gephi Support. This new release adds the ability to exclude certain media types (photo, video, animated_gif) allowing you to focus your attention (and bandwidth) on just the types of media you are interested in.

As always the tool is available at https://github.com/Minyall/gephi_twitter_media_downloader and the documentation has been updated to reflect the addition. Any comments or issues please email me directly or log an issue on Github.

Best wishes,

Dr James Allen-Robertson (FRSA)
https://pronoun.is/he<https://www.mypronouns.org/he-him>
Computational Sociologist
Department of Sociology
University of Essex
T +44 (0)1206 872273
E jallenh at essex.ac.uk<mailto:jallenh at essex.ac.uk>

► www.hrbdt.ac.uk<http://www.hrbdt.ac.uk/>

My most recent pieces:
► What Computational Social Science helped me achieve<https://campus.sagepub.com/blog/james-allen-robertson-css-blog> in Sage Campus Blog
“...a new way of working, a new way of thinking, and a new kind of enthusiasm for research.”
► Finding Trump with Neural Networks<https://towardsdatascience.com/finding-trump-with-neural-networks-4419468e0624> in Towards Data Science
When the President tweets, how do we know who is really behind the keyboard?