[Air-L] Machine Learning + Image-making

Jill Walker Rettberg Jill.Walker.Rettberg at uib.no
Tue Apr 9 01:13:42 PDT 2019

Thanks for these interesting connections! I lead an ERC project called "Machine Vision in Everyday Life: Playful Interactions with Visual Technologies in Digital Art, Games, Narratives and Social Media". Our main website is https://www.uib.no/en/machinevision and we also share stuff in various social media. This is a research project, but our digital art researcher is also a practicing artist. We're also working on a database of art, games and narratives that either use or portray machine vision technologies. It's at a very embryonic stage right now, we've only just started gathering the artworks and the coding schema and user interface is still very much under development, but if you're in the mood for betatesting, you can browse examples of digital artworks (and creepypastas and science fiction movies and video games etc) that deal with machine vision in various way: https://machinevision.elmcip.net/knowledgebase. A lot of them use machine learning. We've got 113 records so far and are hoping to get to 1000. If you know of more examples, we would LOVE suggestions. Send me an email or tweet to @machvisionERC.

Jill