[Air-L] Two jobs at Univ. of Bergen: games studies and electronic literature

Jill Walker Rettberg Jill.Walker.Rettberg at uib.no
Fri Aug 16 00:27:53 PDT 2019

We are hiring two associate professors in Digital Culture (permanent positions) at the University of Bergen in Norway, one in electronic literature and one in games studies/interactive digital narrative. The application deadline is 15 September.

A little about jobs in Norway: We don’t have the tenure system in Norway, and these jobs are tenured from the start. We also don’t have the assistant professor rung, so anyone with a PhD is qualified for associate professor, although candidates will be ranked based on experience, with emphasis on their publications and research experience in the last five years (if parental leave/sick leave was taken in the last five years, the time will be added to the five years). At Digital Culture, all our classes are taught in English, though you are expected to learn Norwegian within two years (lessons are provided). You would receive all standard Norwegian welfare benefits (ten months paid parental leave, universal health care, free tuition etc).

Some general information and links to more about our research group and teaching:
https://www.uib.no/en/discipline/digitalculture/128735/hiring-electronic-literature-and-games-studiesinteractive-digital

Direct link to the job ads and application site:
Associate professor in Digital Culture (Games Studies / Interactive Digital Narrative)
https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/173631/associate-professor-in-digital-culture-games-studies-interactive-digital-narrative

Associate professor in Digital Culture (Electronic Literature)
https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/173683/associate-professor-in-digital-culture-electronic-literature

Jill

Jill Walker Rettberg
Professor of Digital Culture