[Air-L] 12-month Project Manager / Postdoctoral Researcher role at the University of Oxford

Mark Graham mark.graham at oii.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 28 23:15:41 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

(with apologies for cross-posting)

The deadline for the below job has been extended until next week. We're
building an exciting team who are doing research on platform working
conditions - together with colleagues in India, South Africa, Germany, and
the UK. For those unable to apply for this role, we'll also be advertising
for another Postdoctoral Researcher role in the next few weeks.

Kind regards,

Mark

*Postdoctoral Researcher and Project Manager*
*Oxford Internet Institute, 1 St Giles, Oxford*
*Grade 8: £40,792 - £48,677 p.a.*

We are looking for someone to join our team of researchers
<https://fair.work/project-team/> from around the world. The Oxford
Internet Institute (OII) is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Researcher
and Project Manager to work with the Fairwork Foundation
<https://fair.work/>. This position provides an exciting opportunity to
work with our team to co-develop standards <https://fair.work/principles/>
of fair work and apply them to digital platforms in South Africa, India,
Germany, and the UK.

Applicants will have a relevant postgraduate degree in sociology,
geography, anthropology, economics, development studies, or related fields.
Excellent writing, presentation abilities, and analytical skills are also
required. Applicants should be highly organised, be able to effectively
manage multiple ongoing tasks, and have experience coordinating between a
diverse group of stakeholders.

As the successful candidate, you will be based at Fairwork Foundation
within the Oxford Internet Institute. You will be part of a team of
researchers based in the UK, South Africa, India, and Germany, and will
collaborate with colleagues in those places to: co-develop thresholds and
principles of fair work that apply to the platform economy; design
strategies and carry out research to evaluate platforms against those
thresholds; collaborate in the preparation of publications and research
outputs to disseminate the evaluations of platforms against principles of
fair work.

Based in the heart of Oxford, this post is available immediately and is
fixed-term until 30 June 2020 in the first instance, with the possibility
of renewal thereafter. More information about the position is available here
<https://my.corehr.com/pls/uoxrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=141979>
.

Only applications received before 12.00 midday on Monday 2 September 2019,
will be considered. Interviews for those shortlisted will take place week
commencing 23 September 2019.
Mark Graham

Professor of Internet Geography
Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
@geoplace <http://twitter.com/geoplace> | markgraham.space

New publications:

Graham, M. (ed). 2019. Digital Economies at Global Margins
<https://www.idrc.ca/en/book/digital-economies-global-margins>. Cambridge
MA: MIT Press.

Graham, M., and Anwar, M. A. 2019. The Global Gig Economy: Towards a
Planetary Labour Market?
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00220388.2018.1554208> First
Monday. 24(4).  doi.org/10.5210/fm.v24i4.9913.
<http://twitter.com/geoplace>