[Air-L] International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC) | http://bit.ly/MINA2020IMSC - New conference & screening dates: 17-19 January 2020 | Call for submission open till 30 September 2019

Max Schleser mail-max at gmx.net
Sat Aug 31 20:44:08 PDT 2019

   International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC)
   [1]http://bit.ly/MINA2020IMSC

   New conference & screening dates: 17-19 January 2020
   Call for submission open till 30 September 2019

   Venue:
   New International Conference Centre & New Auditorium
   University of Nottingham Ningbo China

   Link:
   [2]https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/internationalcommunications/confere
   nce/international-mobile-storytelling-congress.aspx

   The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), the Mobile Innovation
   Network & Association (MINA) and Mobile Studies International (MSI)
   collaborate to initiate an event for the world of mobile storytellers:
   International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC). Consisting of
   workshops, a conference, and a smartphone film festival, the congress
   aims to promote mobile storytelling for effective communication in
   different areas ranging from community and civic engagement to new
   forms of storytelling, creativity and developments towards story making
   (Schleser and Berry 2018) and/or story-living (Google New Lab 2017).
   To be held on 17-19 January 2020 in Ningbo, China, IMSC focuses mobile,
   smartphone and pocket filmmaking, mobile innovation and mobile
   creativity. IMSC provides a forum for practitioners and scholars to
   showcase projects and discuss changes, challenges and chances of mobile
   storytelling.

   This call is interested in storytelling and its broad application in
   the digital world. We see narrative and non-narrative methods as
   innovation sandboxes to illuminate community engagement and creative
   transformation(s). We aim for a combination of theoretical and creative
   practice research explorations responding to and interacting with the
   opportunities and potential of emerging media and screen production.
   Presentations and showcases can include work-in-progress, project
   presentations, academic papers and conceptual provocations or pose
   questions at the intersection of storytelling and screen production. We
   welcome proposals for workshops to run in conjunction with the
   International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC). Paper & project
   abstracts will be double blind peer reviewed. We accept video
   presentations but require presenters to join a Q&A session via Adobe
   Connect.

   Selected academic papers will be published as a volume (with the
   tentative title of Advances in Mobile Storytelling: Research and
   Practice co-edited by Schleser and Xu) of a book series of IGI Global
   while selected projects will be showcased by the 8th Mobile Innovation
   and Mobile Creativity Symposium and the 9th International Mobile,
   Pocket and Smartphone Film Screening & Festival.

   Abstract for Research Papers, Workshops, Project Presentations and/or
   Showcase
   Submission Deadline: 30 September 2019
   Please submit your academic paper abstracts (in APA style, at least 350
   words are expected and a short biographical note 250 words)
   We will inform you of the selection results by 1 November 2019

   Submit via
   [3]https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=imsc2020

   For further information regarding the Mobile, Smartphone and Pocket
   Film & Cinematic VR, Research Paper, Workshops, Project Presentations
   and/or Showcase, please contact Dr Max Schleser via
   mschleser at swin.edu.au | For further information regarding the academic
   papers, please contact Dr Xiaoge Xu via xiaoge.xu at nottingham.edu.cn

   Mobile Innovation Network and Association | Mobile Studies
   International | University of Nottingham Ningbo China | The Centre for
   Transformative Media Technologies