[Air-L] Consider Joining Harvard University's Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society

Apryl Williams apryl.a.w at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 11:24:47 PST 2019

 Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if this has already been shared on the list. I am writing to
share the open call for Fellows
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/2021Fellows>at the
Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University where I
am currently a fellow. The fellowship is open to all career stages and
there is no limit on time since PhD completion. Those who are practitioners
and / or policy experts are also encouraged to apply. Please do not
hesitate to reach out if you are interested and / or have any questions.

------

The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
<https://cyber.harvard.edu> is now accepting fellowship applications for
the 2020-2021 academic year through our annual open call
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/2021Fellows>. This
opportunity is for those who wish to spend 2020-2021 in residence in
Cambridge, MA as part of the Center's vibrant community of research and
practice, and who seek to engage in collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and
cross-sectoral exploration of some of the Internet's most important and
compelling issues.

Fellows are supported in an inviting intellectual environment - we have
community activities designed to foster inquiry and risk-taking; to
identify and expose common threads across fellows’ individual activities;
and to bring fellows into conversation with the students, staff, faculty,
and broader community at the Berkman Klein Center.

We invite applications from people working on a broad range of
opportunities and challenges related to Internet and society, which may
overlap with ongoing work at the Berkman Klein Center and may expose our
community to new opportunities and approaches. We encourage applications
from scholars, practitioners, innovators, engineers, artists, and others
committed to understanding and advancing the public interest who come from
—and have interest in — countries industrialized or developing, with ideas,
projects, or activities in all phases on a spectrum from incubation to
reflection.

To make fellowships a possibility for as wide a range of applicants as
possible, in the 2020-2021 academic year we will award a small number of
stipends to incoming fellows. This funding is intended to support people
from communities who are underrepresented in fields related to Internet and
society, who will contribute to the diversity of the Berkman Klein Center’s
research and activities, and who have financial need.  More information
about this funding opportunity may be found here
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/stipends-for-candidates-2021>
.

The work and well-being of the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society
are profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our
differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, ability,
and much more.  We actively seek and welcome people of color, women, the
LGBTQIA+ community, persons with disabilities, and people at intersections
of these identities, from across the spectrum of disciplines and methods.

* Please check out the full call for applications at:
https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/2021Fellows
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/getinvolved/fellowships/2021Fellows>*

*Applications will be accepted until Friday January 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Eastern Time.*

Apryl Williams, PhD
Fellow | Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/story/2019-06/berkman-klein-center-announces-2019-2020-community>
| Harvard University
Assistant Professor | Sociology | Susquehanna University