[Air-L] Seeking extremist social media content

cbouko catherine.bouko at ugent.be
Fri Feb 8 00:39:03 PST 2019

Dear AoIR members,

I am writing to you because I am preparing a project that is based on the
analysis of extremist and terrorist content on social media in the European
Union. I need to create such a corpus (approx. 2000 items). The
International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research will
help for me for data about islamist terrorism but I would like to extract
data that comprise several ideologies (far-left, far-right, etc.). I also
have contact with Europol but the collaboration will probably be
complicated.
Therefore, I am looking for researchers, activists and/or watchdog agencies
that aim to identify extremist content on social media, to help me
construct the corpus. Can you please send me names of such experts that I
could contact?

Many many thanks for your help.

All the best,

Catherine