[Air-L] Requesting Scholars for a Web Series on Cybercrime

Rod Graham roderickshawngraham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:47:59 PST 2019

All:

I have been working on a web series where I hold conversations with
scholars about various aspects of crime and deviance online.  I am
looking for scholars willing to talk about their research or interests.
The previous conversations I have had are here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9FPhFKAZA_DTmrb2kq73fMRlzb7TCBwx

Ostensibly, the series is for my class on cybercrime.  It allows me to
present different voices and perspectives to my students.  But I
personally enjoy talking about this topic in an informal way and making
it available to the public.

Usually, the conversation is grounded in some recent work the scholar
has done, but the conversation tends to flow freely and can be wide
ranging.

The topics for this series I am an interested in include:

  * all types of crime and deviant behavior observed online
  * issues related to government or corporate overreach (dataveillance,
    data privacy)
  * forms of inequalities observed online (class/race/gender/algorithmic)

The conversations so far have been recorded via Skype, but I am also
experimenting with Zoom.

If anyone is interested, please contact me at rgraham at odu.edu.

Rod Graham
@roderickgraham
Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice
Affiliate Faculty, Center for Cybersecurity Education and Research
Program Coordinator and Faculty Advisor, Interdisciplinary Studies
Cybercrime Major
Old Dominion University