[Air-L] [EXT] Re: Searching for Mentor: Twitter API//Data Collection

Allen-Robertson, James jallenh at essex.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 04:32:59 PST 2019

Hi all,

I have quite a bit of experience collecting processing and analysing Twitter data at scale using Python, particularly for a couple of projects on Environmental activism on social media, and the Italian antivax debate. I’m also pretty handy with social network analysis, natural language processing and machine learning. I currently run a range of live Twitter monitors and so far our largest dataset is ~4million tweets.

Happy to help out in this developing sub-group where I can.

Dr James Allen-Robertson (FRSA)
Digital Sociologist
Department of Sociology
University of Essex

T +44 (0)1206 872273
E jallenh at essex.ac.uk<mailto:jallenh at essex.ac.uk>
► www.hrbdt.ac.uk<http://www.hrbdt.ac.uk/>

My most recent article:
<https://twitter.com/minyall>Finding Trump with Neural Networks<https://towardsdatascience.com/finding-trump-with-neural-networks-4419468e0624> in Towards Data Science
When the President tweets, how do we know who is really behind the keyboard?