[Air-L] Open access journals

Maura Conway maura.conway at dcu.ie
Thu Feb 28 23:34:19 PST 2019

Hi Jill, and All,

I don't know of a list, but a favourite fully OA internet research journal
of mine is *First Monday* (https://firstmonday.org), which is now in
vol.24.

Best,
Maura

P.S. I've really been enjoying and learning from the discussion re.
screenshots.

*Prof. Maura Conway*
School of Law and Government
Dublin City University
Glasnevin
Dublin 9
Ireland

Tel. +353 1 700 6472
E-Mail. maura.conway at dcu.ie
Skype. galwaygrrl

Twitter: @galwaygrrl

Website: http://doras.dcu.ie/view/people/Conway,_Maura.html

**********

VOX-Pol Project on Violent Online Political Extremism

Website: http://www.voxpol.eu

Twitter: @VOX_Pol

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 07:00, Jill Walker Rettberg <
Jill.Walker.Rettberg at uib.no> wrote:

> Is there a good list of open access journals in internet research and
> adjacent fields? Not only would I strongly prefer to publish in a fully
> open access journal, my funding now requires OA publication and the whole
> of Norway may require it within a couple of years. So many of the "good"
> journals are hybrid, so you can pay for OA for your paper, but the journal
> as a whole is still making a 37% profit for Elsevier. I have found many
> small OA journals, but they often seem to only publish an issue once a
> year, and/or the next several issues are devoted to specific special
> issues. Another issue is that smaller, scholar-run OA journals often aren't
> indexed by SCOPUS etc, which means the publications and citations don't
> automatically show up in library catalogues and various databases so the
> research may be less visible.
>
> Here are a few I have found - could anyone help add to the list?
>
> ==Well-established, fully OA journals==
> Social Media + Society (https://journals.sagepub.com/home/sms)
> First Monday (https://firstmonday.org)
> Computational Culture (http://computationalculture.net)
>
> ==Smaller ones that seem good==
> Media and Communication
> https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/index
> Image & Narrative (http://www.imageandnarrative.be)
>
> ==Open access journals that encourage papers that do more than PDFs, e.g.
> using video, hypertext==
> Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy (
> http://kairos.technorhetoric.net)
> Hyperrhiz: New Media Cultures (http://hyperrhiz.io)
> http://viewjournal.eu)
>
> And there are all the Open Humanities Press journals:
> http://www.openhumanitiespress.org/journals/titles/
>

> Jill Walker Rettberg
> Professor of Digital Culture
> University of Bergen

*

*Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email Disclaimer*

*Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon
chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin
amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.
<https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/seanadh-riomhphoist.shtml>*

*This e-mail and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use
by the addressee. Read more here.
<https://www4.dcu.ie/iss/email-disclaimer.shtml>*

*

--