[Air-L] cultural data analytics professorship, tenured, Tallinn University, Estonia

Katrin Tiidenberg katrin.tiidenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 03:52:01 PDT 2019

Dear all,

Tallinn University has a new ERA Chair project (https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/h2020-section/era-chairs <https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/en/h2020-section/era-chairs>) on cultural data analytics (CUDAN). We are seeking a senior scholar to join our wonderful team as a tenured professorship in cultural data analytics. Application deadline August 12.

Job responsibilities
The ERA Chair holder will lead a new research group in the field of cultural data analytics under the School of Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication (BFM) of Tallinn University, fulfilling the following tasks:

Formation of the ERA Chair interdisciplinary research team (5-7 senior research fellows and at least 5 PhD students);
Designing the ERA Chair team’s working principles and research objectives;
Daily management of the research team;
Facilitation of collaboration of the partnering Schools within TLU;
Launching a new Cultural Data Analytics Open Lab cooperation programme and a space at Tallinn University;
Supervision of PhD students;
Regular assessment of research activities;
Preparation of the new TLU Research Cooperation Strategy and its implementation plan;
Participation in government bodies of Tallinn University;
Preparation of new applications for Horizon 2020 and other EU and national research programmes.
More info on how to apply here: https://www.tlu.ee/en/professor-cultural-data-analytics <https://www.tlu.ee/en/professor-cultural-data-analytics>  and here: http://cudan.tlu.ee/ <http://cudan.tlu.ee/>

best regards,

Kat Tiidenberg

Katrin Tiidenberg, PhD

Associate Professor of Visual Culture and Social Media, Tallinn University, Estonia

Founding member of Estonian Young Academy of Sciences
Secretary of AoIR

Books:  Selfies, why we love (and hate) them.  //     Ihu ja hingega internetis, kuidas mõista sotsiaalmeediat.

Just published: Tiidenberg, K. & Whelan, A. (2019). “Not like that, not for that, not by them”: social media affordances of critique, Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies,  https://doi.org/10.1080/14791420.2019.1624797

more info: http://kkatot.tumblr.com/