[Air-L] WEBCAST TODAY: Speech Police – The Global Struggle to Govern the Internet

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Jun 5 09:02:32 PDT 2019

Just started. I am also running this out on our periscope -
https://twitter.com/ISOC_Live/status/1136300107479932928

Today, *Wedneday June 5 2019* at *Noon EDT* (14:00 UTC) New America’s *Open
Technology Institute <https://www.newamerica.org/oti/>* hosts a book launch
event - *Speech Police - The Global Struggle to Govern the Internet
<https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/speech-police/>*. Author *David Kaye*,
UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of opinion & expression, will be in
conversation with *Rebecca Mackinnon* Director, Ranking Digital Rights.
Moderator: *Anne-Marie Slaughter*, CEO, New America.

The event will be webcast live via the *New America YouTube Channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQQMY6TyUdt5VeHpuHv_Dg>*.

*VIEW ON YOU TUBE: https://youtu.be/uC3KzD71wdU
<https://youtu.be/uC3KzD71wdU>*

*TWITTER: #speechpolice