[Air-L] Look out for the FAT*2020 CfP

Maya Ganesh mayamemes at riseup.net
Wed Jun 19 14:25:19 PDT 2019

Hello,

The annual Fairness Accountability Transparency (FAT*) conference has a
new look: first time in Europe, with a (soon to be announced) new name,
and a brand new Social Sciences & Humanities (SSH) track:
https://fatconference.org/2020/callforpapers.html

Primarily a Computer Science + Law conference, FAT* is now evolving in
response to critical scholarship from the Social Sciences and Humanities
about the algorithmic shaping of everyday life and social and political
institutions; that there needs to be more than just a computational
tweak to ensure fairness and manage bias in these socio-technical systems.

I am honoured to be part of the SSH track committee this year. The CfP
is not formally out yet, but on behalf of the SSH team I am sending out
an advance notice for people in this community. Please look out for the
CfP in the coming weeks (on Twitter follow @fatconference). Full papers
are due August third week, which is not a very long time away. So please
start thinking about that half-written paper you have tucked away and
that can be finished in time for this call. The SSH track is looking for
submissions from STS, History of Science, critical Tech/Media studies,
big data + algorithm studies, Philosophy etc.

We are hoping to give the reviewers a very hard time choosing between
the many brilliant submissions we get to the SSH track!!

Best wishes,
Maya

--
Berlin | UTC + 2