[Air-L] Radstats book from the United Kingdom

Peter Timusk peterotimusk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 01:45:57 PDT 2019

I know some are interested in deeper views of statistics which is my daily
work. Here is a note from the radstats group about their newest book. Yes.
statistics and numbers can be see as a theoretical lens and foundation of
theory.

Hi everyone,

The new RadStats book is still on schedule for a late August publication.
Policy Press have given us a good pre-publication deal, essentially pricing
the book at £10 instead of £29.99 for those who pre-order by the end of
August (via the link at the bottom of this email). By all means forward
this on to others who might also be interested, including students. I
gather from Policy Press that when using the promotional code (see bottom
of email), it is best to order only this book and not mix your order with
other books. I gather the code also works for multiple orders of the book.
Let me know if you have any problems.

Jeff, Humphrey and I have all agreed that it has been a real pleasure to
work with all the authors to whom we are most indebted. On a more personal
note, I’ve also learnt an enormous amount from Jeff and Humphrey with only
the occasional row so would like to take this opportunity to thank them for
their patience, camaraderie and insight.

I hope you enjoy the book.

All the best,

Sally

*Data in Society: Challenging Statistics in an Age of Globalisation* edited
by Jeff Evans, Sally Ruane and Humphrey Southall. A pre-publication price
of £10 is being offered (instead of £29.99). Pre-order before the end of
August 2019, using this*promotional code: ERSDS19*

https://policy.bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/data-in-society

End forward.

Peter Timusk B.Math, B.A. in Ottawa.