[Air-L] Mailing List Discussion

Sugar, Benjamin N bsugar at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 1 08:52:23 PST 2019

Hey everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to fork this discussion about the mailing list into a new topic.  For the backstory, the discussion started at Air-L Digest, Vol 175, Issue 30, Message 4, R: Inquiry on screen shots.

I seems the general consensus (which I’ve come to agree with) is that the list should remain as it has for reasons including accessibility of email, archivability, and not wanting the list to become purely announcement based.  Having said that, there also seems to be an acknowledgment that this is not without trade offs.

The biggest one for me is the inclusion of the entire reply thread in each reply.  I did some research and it seems that finding a more automated solution would require some programming of the backend.  In lieu of that, perhaps an easier (?) way to mitigate this would be to change the text in the header of the list to something to the effect of: