[Air-L] Publishing the same article in different languages?

Raphael Tsavkko Garcia tsavkko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 18:29:03 PST 2019

Hi all,

I know most journals only accept original articles (what is quite obvious for a series of reasons), but I wonder if this also (always) applies for translations and, even if it does, what do you think of publishing the same article in different languages?

In my case I often publish in English or Portuguese (my mother tongue), but I research Spanish-Speaking groups/individuals (Basque-Speaking as well) and more than once a few interviewees asked me to publish in Spanish what I wrote about them in English journals as to have a broader reach. But they are right, I definitely should also publish in Spanish, and hence my question.

Is it okay, possible or whatever to publish an article that was originally in English in, say, Spanish (or Portuguese)? I know in Brazil it is rather ok to publish an article in Portuguese even if it was published in English before if it is from a relevant author or a very relevant topic for the local academia, but I don't know how it works elsewhere.

best,

Raphael Tsavkko Garcia

Universidad de Deusto
http://www.tsavkko.com.br [http://www.tsavkko.com.br]

---
Este e-mail foi verificado quanto a vírus pelo AVG.
http://www.avg.com