[Air-L] New research methods textbook

Rosanna Guadagno rosannaeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 20:45:02 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I am posting the below message for my colleague, John Edlund (and am one of
the contributors to this new textbook). Check it out!

----- here's his message ------

Apologizes for cross-postings!

I am excited to announce the publication of my new edited book! I believe
that it is unlike anything else that is on the market. In addition to being
one of the least expensive books on the market in research methods, this
edited volume draws upon an interdisciplinary team across the social and
behavioral sciences. Written by global experts (covering 6 continents)
across a number of disciplines covering many aspects of research methods –
including research design, research tools, and statistical techniques – I
think it will invaluable to advanced undergraduates, graduate students and
graduate courses, and as a bookshelf reference to professionals. Below is
the table of contents. Please contact either of the editors (John E.
Edlund: john.edlund at rit.edu; or Austin Lee Nichols
austinleenichols at gmail.com) or Chuck Lamantia (clamantia at cambridge.org) at
Cambridge University Press to be sent an evaluation copy.

1)      A Brief Orientation to Research Methods and Statistics for the
Social and Behavioral Sciences

2)      Reliability and Validity of Measurement in the Social and
Behavioral Sciences

3)      Performing Research in the Laboratory

4)      Field Research

5)      Using the Internet for Research

6)      Issues in Informed Consent

7)      Participant preknowledge and attitudes in research

8)      Experimenter Effects

9)      Suspicion Probes and Debriefing in the Social and Behavioral
Sciences

10)   Physiological Measures

11)   Eyetracking Research

12)   Questionnaire Design

13)   Reaction Time Measures in the Social and Behavioral Sciences: Speed
Matters

14)   Replications and the Social Sciences

15)   Research Ethics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences

16)   Interdisciplinary Research

17)   Cross-Cultural Research

18)   A Gentle introduction to Bayesian statistics

19)   Development and Applications of Item Response Theory

20)   Social Network Analysis

21)   Meta Analysis: An Introduction

----
Best,

Rosanna
---
Rosanna E. Guadagno, Ph.D.
Director, Information Warfare Working Group, Center for International
Security and Cooperation (CISAC), Stanford University

Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Interactive Communication Systems
and Technologies: (
http://www.igi-global.com/journal/international-journal-interactive-communication-systems/41029
)

Special Issue call for papers on Live Videos in Social Media:
https://www.igi-global.com/calls-for-papers-special/international-journal-interactive-communication-systems/41029