[Air-L] Job ad: 3 new assistant professorships

R. Prey r.prey at rug.nl
Mon Mar 18 01:30:36 PDT 2019

The Department of Media Studies and Journalism, University of Groningen is
looking to hire 3 new assistant professors.

For the first position, we are looking for a candidate with expertise in
Cultural Industries and/or Platform Studies. In particular, we welcome
scholars who research the platformisation/digitisation of cultural
production in relation to transformations in technologies, cultures, and
political economies of digital media.
https://www.academictransfer.com/en/53423/assistant-professor-in-media-and-cultural-industriesplatform-studies-10-fte/

For the other 2 positions, we are looking for candidates with expertise in
a range of media related fields, preferably (but not limited to):
- digital cultures, including datafication and/or digital literacy
- social media, including social media analysis and/or R and statistics
- media, politics and democracy
- media theory
- audiovisual culture.
https://www.academictransfer.com/en/53424/assistant-professors-in-media-studies-20-fte/

If you are interested in joining a young, growing and dynamic department in
the beautiful Dutch city of Groningen, please apply by April 4th.

--
Dr. Robert Prey
Assistant Professor

Centre for Media and Journalism Studies
University of Groningen
The Netherlands
http://www.rug.nl/staff/r.prey/

*Recent Publications: *
Nothing Personal: Algorithmic Individuation on Music Streaming Platforms,
in *Media, Culture & Society, *available at:
http://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/NPpcWYp9g8T3zTaeFTYJ/full#articleCitationDownloadContainer

Knowing Me, Knowing You: Datafication on Music Streaming Platforms, in Ahlers,
M., et al. (eds.), *Musik und Big Data.* Springer VS.

>From Personal to Personalized Memory: Social Media as Mnemotechnology, (with
Rik Smit), in Papacharissi, Z. (ed) *Networked Self: Birth, Life, Death*.
Routledge.