[Air-L] mining images in social sciences

Alina Curticapean alina.curticapean at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 05:43:18 PDT 2019

Dear fellow members,

I am planning a research project which aims to study political
participation by visual means. More precisely, the project plans to collect
images related to e.g. political protest, immigration, animal rights from
social media and use computational methods to mine them. I am a real novice
in what concerns mining images in social sciences and I would need your
help to guide me to the relevant literature. I would just add that text
data will be collected as well, but I am quite familiar with mining methods
for text data (NLP).

Looking forward to helpful advice to get me started with the project I wish
you all a nice weekend!

With the best wishes,

Alina