[Air-L] Open PhD positions at Stockholm University

Airi Lampinen airilampinen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 02:28:55 PDT 2019

Dear all,

*We have several interesting PhD opportunities open at Stockholm
University. Please consider applying & spread the word!*

First, we are looking for a PhD student to work with myself and Barry Brown
for a position in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), focused on ethnographic
research regarding technologies used for economic and social exchange. The
position is suitable for students from both social scientific and technical
backgrounds. Deadline for applications on April 15.

https://www.su.se/english/about/working-at-su/phd?rmpage=job&rmjob=8414&rmlang=UK&fbclid=IwAR1Oy7EwGoSqqObk2Pt1AZ-31FpNeJvmB5o4xxcp5hynaMUkKEAnOjlNCho

Second, there is a call in our department for *ten* open PhD programs.
While the call is open for any position in the computing sciences, the
department overall has a strong focus on HCI. We are happy to advise
students who would like to apply to these open positions:

https://www.su.se/english/about/working-at-su/phd?rmpage=job&rmjob=8466&rmlang=UK

Sweden is one of the best places in the world to do a PhD - an open,
friendly, environment, with a good salary and conditions for the five years
of the PhD. Our research group currently has eight researchers working on a
range of topics across the computing & social sciences. We publish at a
high level with a supportive international environment. Applicants for both
positions need to have a Masters in a relevant field (or be about to
complete one).

Send an email to either myself  <airi at dsv.su.se> or Barry <barry at dsv.su.se>
if you have any specific questions.

Best,
Airi Lampinen

--
Airi Lampinen
Department of Computer and Systems Sciences (DSV)

airi at dsv.su.se | @airi_ | airilampinen.fi
Weekly newsletter: tinyletter.com/airi_/