[Air-L] Literature on the cultural notion of the "computer as superior"

Andrea Guzman alguzman at niu.edu
Wed Mar 27 16:29:16 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I am looking for literature that explores the cultural attitude of the computer as superior to humans in certain domains. For example, people will often say that a computer is more efficient than a human or is more accurate than a human. There is plenty of literature that looks at individual interactions with technology and individual opinions of technology, but, I'm more interested in scholarship that looks at the larger cultural discourse.

Thank you.

Andrea L. Guzman, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Dept. of Communication