[Air-L] Open access journals

Craig Hamilton Craig.Hamilton at bcu.ac.uk
Fri Mar 1 12:14:25 PST 2019

Hi all,

I’d just like to register my interest in this discussion. We started a journal within our research centre a year or so back. The content is not necessarily AOIR-related, but the practicalities of OA, ‘independent’ academic publishing are very much of interest to us. The journal is called Riffs - Experimental Writing on Popular Music (www.riffsjournal.org<http://www.riffsjournal.org>). We produce a small number of printed copies and currently use WP / PDFs for free digital versions. I’m currently looking at Manifold to improve the digital side of things, which looks ideal for our purposes.

Anyway. If this discussion develops into something - a working group, perhaps - I’d love to be involved.

Kind regards
Craig
Dr Craig Hamilton
Research Fellow
Birmingham Centre for Media and Cultural Research
Birmingham City University,
5 Cardigan Street,
Birmingham, B4 7BD
Co-Managing Editor, Riffs - http://riffsjournal.org<http://riffsjournal.org/>