[Air-L] instagramming space and place

wargojon wargojon at msu.edu
Fri Mar 15 07:30:15 PDT 2019

Hey All,

Last Spring I published an article in the Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy that traced how one LGBTQ youth used Instragram and StoryMapJS to stream a sonic walk. In the methods section I detail how the participant used the affordances of the locative media (Instagram) and how I accounted for transitions in space/place in field work.

Here's a link to the article: https://www.academia.edu/36299299/_SoundingOutMySilence_Reading_a_LGBTQ_Youths_Sonic_Cartography_as_Multimodal_Counter_Storytelling

Cheers,

Jon