[Air-L] Literature on Facebook groups on DTC genetic tests

Serena Ciranna serenaciranna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 08:30:18 PDT 2019

Thank very much for your answer.
Yes, I know their work and had the chance to meet the authors of the two
studies you mentioned at the Institute for Society and Genetics at UCLA.
Besides those very interesting works, I have found very little research
focused on these Facebook groups.
More specifically, I am looking for:
- more studies on online identity construction through the sharing of
genetic tests' results
- existing data about the extent of the phenomenon of sharing and
discussing the results of genetic tests online (how many groups/users,
etc.). For instance what is the ratio of the number of individuals who have
taken the test and those who then shared it on social media?

Thank you!
Best regards,
Serena