[Air-L] Christchurch Call - relevant research links request

Pearson, Erika E.Pearson at massey.ac.nz
Mon May 6 21:50:11 PDT 2019

Kia ora koutou from NZ
As some of you may already be aware, next month NZ and France will be co-chairing a "Christchurch Call" meeting alongside the "Tech for Good" and the "Tech for Humanity" summits as part of the response to the Christchurch attack - here's a news article overview for those not sure what the Call is https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12226274 . This meeting might consider issues such as online radicalization and hate speech, and perhaps also wider considerations of civil society in a digital era, though the exact agenda has yet to be finalized

I have been asked to request of the global research community any recent scholarly works that might be useful for people here to consider as they work through their thinking as to what the Call should - rather than restricting to a particular topic, I'd like to cast the net wide at this stage, as the agenda is still evolving.  So could you please send me directly links/cites to your work or works of your colleagues that may help contribute or feed into this important public discussion. There is a tight timeframe here, so if you could get them to me by the 10th May NZ time (which early in the 9th for the US and late in the 9th for Europe) I would be very appreciative.  I will pass them onto the team as I get them.

Thanking you in advance.
Erika
(PS: thanks also for making me one of your open seat representatives - I look forward to serving the organisation!)

Dr Erika Pearson
School of Communication Journalism and Marketing
Massey University Wellington