[Air-L] CfP [DEADLINE APPROACHING (June 9)]:ECREA Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction Regional Conference

A.P. Schouten A.P.Schouten at uvt.nl
Mon May 27 13:31:17 PDT 2019

[DEADLINE JUNE 9] INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION AND SOCIAL INTERACTION SECTION REGIONAL CONFERENCE (ECREA)
October 14 - October 16, 2019
Tilburg, the Netherlands

The ICSI Regional Conference is the 6th bi-annual meeting of the Interpersonal Communication and Social Interaction (ICSI) section of ECREA (European Communication Research and Education Association). This year’s conference is hosted by Tilburg University, Department of Communication and Cognition, and will be held in Tilburg, the Netherlands. http://www.icsi2019.nl

Our keynote speakers will be:

  *   Jeffrey Treem, associate professor of Communication Studies, Organizational Communication & Technology Group, University of Texas at Austin. http://jeffreytreem.com/
  *   Marjolijn Antheunis, professor of Communication and Technology, Department of Communication and Cognition, Tilburg University. https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/staff/m-l-antheunis

The conference theme this year is "Re-Connecting". We want to connect scholars from the different sub-disciplines of interpersonal communication and social interaction, for example workplace interaction, communication in interpersonal relationship, impression management, interpersonal health communication. Connecting our insights from different fields may inform our own research, provide creative ideas for future research, and help theory development. Moreover, the theme reflects the fact that our mediated and unmediated interactions are increasingly connected and integrated. As advanced communication technologies increasingly become part of our everyday experience, we are forced to revisit and connect theories of online and offline social interaction.

The ICSI Regional Conference 2019 provides an opportunity to share our ideas, theories and research about interpersonal communication and social interaction across our different specializations. We call for paper and panel proposals from any communication or communication-related discipline and methodology that address the section's themes.

Submission deadline: June 09 (midnight CET).
More information and submission website: http://www.icsi2019.nl

--------------------------------
Alexander Schouten, PhD
Assistant Professor Business Communication & Digital Media
Department of Communication and Information Science
Tilburg University
Warandelaan 2, room D429
P.O. Box 90153
5000 LE Tilburg