[Air-L] Call for Applications: "Programming with Python for Social Science" Bootcamp

Brooker, Phillip P.D.Brooker at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon May 13 05:35:07 PDT 2019

Hi all

Apologies for cross-posting from the Programming-as-Social-Science mailing list (PASS at JISCMAIL.AC.UK) for anyone who's on there too.

Myself and Mark Carrigan have put together a "Programming with Python for Social Science" residential bootcamp event, which is currently open for applications (and I figured some of the more UK-based people on this mailing list might be interested).  More details can be found at: https://www.ncrm.ac.uk/training/show.php?article=9852 but the tl;dr is:

  *   When: 29th October to 1st November 2019
  *   Where: University of Manchester, UK
  *   Cost: Free (and includes funding for bed and breakfast accomodation for the duration of the event, lunches and one evening meal).
  *   Entry Level: No prior knowledge of Python/programming required, the bootcamp is for social science PGRs and research-active academics.
  *   Deadline: Deadline to submit applications is 12pm Friday 31st August, and decisions will be made by 10th September. Details on how to submit in the link above.
  *   What's On/Why: See link for details, and feel free to ask me any questions 😊

Thanks very much!

Phil Brooker