[Air-L] AOIR 2018 - Looking for Speaker

Magdalena Olszanowski magdalena.olszanowski at concordia.ca
Mon Nov 25 13:34:48 PST 2019

Hello,

During the AOIR 2018 Critical Race Internet Studies Fishbowl, a professor said ""Yes, I'm black, but maybe sometimes I just want to write about platforms, not only about how black people experience them.” But I never caught her name. Does anyone remember this or is there an archive of the session I can look to as I would like to cite this.

Thank you!

Magdalena Olszanowski (she/her/they)

PT Faculty, Cinema & Communications, Dawson College
PT Faculty, Media Arts, John Abbott College
FQRSC/SSHRC Fellow
PhD Candidate, Communication Studies, Concordia University
Montreal

I acknowledge that Montreal is located on unceded Indigenous lands. The Kanien’kehá:ka Nation is recognized as the custodians of the lands and waters on which we gather today. Tiohtiá:ke/Montreal is historically known as a gathering place for many First Nations. Today, it is home to a diverse population of Indigenous and other peoples. We respect the continued connections with the past, present and future in our ongoing relationships with Indigenous and other peoples within the Montreal community.