[Air-L] Hey all, who are the world's top researchers on race and tech?

Josh Scannell joshua.scannell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 11:41:59 PST 2019

With the caveat that this list is already excellent, and that a
comprehensive one would be impossibly long because there is *so much*
excellent scholarship being done in this field right now, I think that
Andre Brock, Jennifer Rhee, and Shaka McGlotten should also be included.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:47 PM Nasreen Rajani <nasreen.rajani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would like to also recommend Marisa Elena Duarte’s work, specifically
> her recent book Networked Sovereignty <
> https://www.ubcpress.ca/network-sovereignty>
>

> Nasreen Rajani (she/her)
> Instructor & PhD Candidate (ABD)
> Communication and Media Studies
> Carleton University
> Unceded Algonquin territory
> (Ottawa, ON Canada)
>

> > On Nov 19, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Yosem Companys <ycompanys at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings everyone,
> >
> > A friend is putting together a SF Bay Area event on race and technology
> and
> > asked me to find out the following:
> >
> >   - Who are the world's top scholars at the bleeding edge of research on
> >   race and technology?
> >   - Who are the top scholars/researchers at the cutting edge of research
> >   on race and technology in the SF Bay Area?
> >
> > Might the AIR community have an answer to her inquiry?
> >
> > Thanks so much,
> > Yosem

> > http://www.aoir.org/

R. Joshua Scannell / Assistant Professor, Digital Media Theory / New School
School of Media Studies /   rjoshuascannell.com / Email:
Joshua.Scannell at gmail.com / Cell: (860) 759-2304