[Air-L] Hey all, who are the world's top researchers on race and tech?

Desmond U. Patton dp2787 at columbia.edu
Wed Nov 20 11:46:31 PST 2019

i would also add Courtney Cogburn at Columbia School of Social Work

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:45 PM Carrie Karsgaard <karsgaar at ualberta.ca>
wrote:

> These suggestions are helpful for my research, too! I would like to add a
> layer to this question: what other Indigenous scholars would you add to
> this list?
>
> Carrie Karsgaard, MA-IGS, MA, BEd | She/Her
> Doctoral Student | Theoretical, Cultural, and International Studies in
> Education
> University of Alberta | Department of Educational Policy Studies
> ᐊᒥᐢᑿᒌᐚᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ (Amiskwaciwâskahikan) | Treaty 6 Territory
> karsgaar at ualberta.ca
>
> > On Nov 20, 2019, at 11:41 AM, Josh Scannell <joshua.scannell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > With the caveat that this list is already excellent, and that a
> > comprehensive one would be impossibly long because there is *so much*
> > excellent scholarship being done in this field right now, I think that
> > Andre Brock, Jennifer Rhee, and Shaka McGlotten should also be included.
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 12:47 PM Nasreen Rajani <
> nasreen.rajani at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to also recommend Marisa Elena Duarte’s work, specifically
> >> her recent book Networked Sovereignty <
> >> https://www.ubcpress.ca/network-sovereignty>
> >>

> >> Nasreen Rajani (she/her)
> >> Instructor & PhD Candidate (ABD)
> >> Communication and Media Studies
> >> Carleton University
> >> Unceded Algonquin territory
> >> (Ottawa, ON Canada)

> >> and

> >> Join the Association of Internet Researchers:
> >> http://www.aoir.org/
> >

> > --
> > R. Joshua Scannell / Assistant Professor, Digital Media Theory / New
> School
> > School of Media Studies /   rjoshuascannell.com / Email:
> > Joshua.Scannell at gmail.com / Cell: (860) 759-2304

> > http://www.aoir.org/

Desmond Upton. Patton
<http://socialwork.columbia.edu/faculty/full-time/desmond-patton/>, PhD, MSW
Associate Professor, Columbia School of Social Work and department of
Sociology
Associate Dean for Curriculum Innovation and Academic Affairs
Director, SAFElab
Office: 212: 851-2238
Cell: 704:718-5551

*For speaking engagements and consultation visit* here
<https://sternspeakers.com/speakers/desmond-u-patton/>
Read about my research <https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06169-8>
Donate to our research <https://crowdfund.columbia.edu/project/6558>
View my TEDx broadway talk here