[Air-L] interview transcription software

Kyle F Kubler kubler at uw.edu
Thu Oct 10 09:12:01 PDT 2019

I think Temi quality really depends on audio recording quality. If you had
an internal recorder going with the Zoom interviews that might be okay with
Temi but if you using an external recorder to record the interview coming
off a computer speaker that might be rough. I just had around a dozen
interviews transcribed with Temi and the in-person ones were decent, but
the phone interviews were nearly unintelligible and had to be re-done.
Thankfully Temi rates the quality of the audio recording you give it. So if
it ranks your files highly then go for it, otherwise, probably not worth it.

-Kyle