[Air-L] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer positions at University of Sheffield Information School

Jo Bates jo.bates at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Sep 2 14:03:54 PDT 2019

 The University of Sheffield Information School are recruiting
Lecturers/Senior Lecturers (~Assist./Assoc. Prof.) in the following areas:

   - Critical Data Studies
   - Data Science/Info. Retrieval
   - Information Management
   - Information Systems.

Deadline: 30th September 2019.

   -
   <https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUW799/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-information-management-or-information-systems>
   https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUW750/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-data-science-critical-data-studies
   -
   https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUW799/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-information-management-or-information-systems

We welcome applications from high-quality candidates with research
expertise that will complement and strengthen our existing research profile
in one or more of the following areas:

*Critical Data Studies/Data Science/IR position(s): *

   - critical analysis of new and emerging forms of datafication and
   algorithmic data processing; data justice, fairness, accountability,
   transparency and ethics;
   - cultures of, and pedagogies for, data science practice;
   - applications of data mining in domains such as health and social media
   analytics;
   - interactive information retrieval and recommender systems;
   - user-centred approaches to modelling and interacting with data.

For the CDS/DS position we are particularly keen to attract applications
from those with a strong understanding of fairness, accountability,
transparency, ethics and justice in the context of data mining and machine
learning.

*Information Management/Information Systems position(s):*

   - Data/information governance, security, privacy, transparency, trust
   and ethics;
   - Data/information and society
   - Knowledge and innovation management; digital innovation and knowledge
   work;
   - Information behaviour;
   - Social media research;
   - Enterprise IS especially user-focused design, integration,
   interoperability and governance;
   - The impact of AI on organisations and people;
   - Library and information science and scientometrics.

--
Dr Jo Bates
Senior Lecturer in Information Politics and Policy

Find us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/ischoolsheffield>, follow us
on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/infoschoolsheff>, read our latest news
on our Blog <http://information-studies.blogspot.co.uk/> and join our
community on LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/university-of-sheffield-information-school?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tas%3Auniversity+of+sheffield+in%2Cidx%3A1-2-2>

*I don't expect you to respond to my email outside your working hours. *