[Air-L] Request from Twitter

Ari Zelmanow ari at twitter.com
Thu Sep 19 10:36:38 PDT 2019

Greetings!

Twitter is planning for the future of our developer platform. Recognizing
the impact of academic research taking place with Twitter data, we have
been investing in research to learn from the academic community.

Researchers tell us that they use our API because it's the best source of
public, conversational data. It’s a way to understand what the world is
thinking about nearly any topic, from nearly any place, at any time. In
fact, nearly 1/3 of new Twitter developer accounts have stated they're
doing academic research. But we’ve fallen short in supporting and enabling
them. When accessing our data sets, they face technical challenges, pricing
obstacles, and lack of clarity on best practices.

We want to make sure the voices of the community are heard as we design and
plan for the future of our API and would greatly welcome participation from
the AoIR community in this learning exercise. There are 2 ways to get
involved:

   1. Sign up to participate in our research studies
   <http://t.co/academicresearchstudy>. Our team will be sending out email
   surveys and reaching out to have conversations.
   2. We've launched a new section on our UserVoice forum where you can
   publicly share your ideas <http://t.co/academicresearchfdbk> for how we
   can better support academic research endeavors. Others will see your ideas
   and be able to vote for them.

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Best,

Ari Zelmanow
Twitter
Research Lead, Developer and Enterprise Solutions