[Air-L] Understanding Social Media

Larissa Hjorth larissa.hjorth at rmit.edu.au
Fri Sep 27 03:36:22 PDT 2019

Dear AoiRists
Looking forward to seeing many of you in Brisvegas next week.

I thought some people on the list might be interested in the new edition of SAGE’s Understanding Social Media by Sam Hinton and me.

Given the dynamism of the topic, the chapters are all new. Much of the ethnographic fieldwork draws from cross-cultural research in Asia to explore the paradoxes of social media in our everyday lives… and increasingly death and afterlives. In particular, we reflect upon artists interventions into datafication as well as the role of new visualities in museum engagement.

I’ll have a few copies with me in Brisvegas if people are interested. For those that are interested, there is a 20% discount at www.footprint.com.au<http://www.footprint.com.au> promo code SAGE20

See you soon and safe travels.

Best wishes

Larissa

--
Distinguished Professor Larissa Hjorth
Director, Design & Creative Practice

Sign up to the RMIT ECPs at https://tinyurl.com/RMITECP

RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nations on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present.
RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business.