[Air-L] Announcing New Connected Learning Research Tools Site

Jamieson Pond jpond at hri.uci.edu
Mon Sep 30 13:22:43 PDT 2019

Announcing the new Connected Learning Research tools site, featuring tools and instruments from 10 connected learning studies and projects.

Website: https://connectedlearning.news/ResearchToolsAOIR

This site should be of interest to:
- University researchers (graduate students, postdocs, and faculty) doing research in similar areas that are curious about how our research was done,
- Evaluators of informal youth programs that do assessment and evaluation, and
- Practitioners (librarians, teachers, educators) in informal youth programs that need to do research or evaluation to accomplish a goal.

Included on the site are studies of specific programs, studies of youth new media practices, and general instruments and techniques for documenting and evaluating connected learning. Every study page includes a project description, team members, any reports or case studies published, and tools used. Each tool page includes a description of the tool, as well as a downloadable version of the tool. The case studies are included so scholars and practitioners can see the range of material that is possible to create using the instruments.

We hope scholars, evaluators, and practitioners will find this site useful! We also welcome submissions for additional studies and tools from our community. If you think you have a study or tool we might be interested in including on the site, please contact us (https://connectedlearning.uci.edu/contact-us/).

Respectfully,
Jamieson Pond, Communications Manager
Connected Learning Lab
University of California, Irvine