[Air-L] University Student Dissertation Online Research Query

Ganiat.Kazeem ganiat.kazeem at open.ac.uk
Tue Sep 3 07:32:36 PDT 2019

You have a sketch at present but not a research plan

So you may benefit from considering what philosophical views you have eg positivist, pragmatic or interpretive and your axiology, epistemology and ontology too

Also theoretical approaches and research approach eg inductive deductive etc

Consider whether you’re focussed on feminist approaches, critical discourse etc

These will be a very good guide to the methodologies and methods you use

Then sampling

Then data plan

Then you would consider ethical implications

Your first ethical step is to seek permission from the people in the images or seek participation from people who have images like the ones you want to use

Secondly you need to think carefully about your analysing panel and how you recruit them

Miss Ganiat Omolara Kazeem | PhD researcher at the Open University, Critical Information Studies research group [CIS], Department of computing and communications, Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics [STEM] & The OU Centre for Policing Research and Learning [CPRL]

The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
ganiat.kazeem at open.ac.uk<mailto:ganiat.kazeem at open.ac.uk> | ORCID iD 0000-0002-4312-3022<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4312-3022>

+44 (0) <tel:+44%20%C2%A01908659175> 1908659175<tel:+44%20%C2%A01908659175>

Internal Ext 59175

Mobile: 07984134851<tel:07984134851>

Twitter: @gani_kazeem