[Air-L] emotion detection machine?

Arin Basu arin.basu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 19:18:32 PDT 2019

You can also do sentiment analysis in R using quanteda() package and
using your own dictionary or their lexicoder sentiment dictionary
(https://quanteda.io/reference/data_dictionary_LSD2015.html),
sentimentr is another good package. The advantage of using quanteda is
the shorter lines of code, so you do something.

If you use natural language processing, a good idea is to use spacy in
python but you can also use spacyr in the quanteda library. CoreNLP is
an excellent toolkit in Java, and cleanNLP package in R that you can
use in quanteda or tidytext is excellent.

Tidytext is very nice and it helps you to play with AFINN, NRC, Bing
(Bing Liu's lexicon) but these have three different ways of
classifying emotions and sentiments. If you install syuzhet() and call
the library in an R workspace, it helps to download the sentiment
lexicons in tidytext using the get_sentiment() function is how I have
seen.