[Air-L] Media Anthropology Research Collective-South Asia

preeti raghunath preetimalaraghunath at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 08:23:35 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm Preeti Raghunath, Assistant Professor at the Symbiosis Institute of
Media and Communication (SIMC), India. I'm writing to you to share that
media researchers working at the intersections of Communication and Media
Studies, and Anthropology have come together to start the Media
Anthropology Research Collective-South Asia
<https://mediaanthropologysouthasia.wordpress.com>. Though the primary
focus is on research and researchers working in and on South Asia, we
welcome engagement with our peers across the globe.

The Media Anthropology Research Collective is an effort to bring together
media anthropologists, media ethnographers, including digital
ethnographers, focused and working on or in South Asia.

The Collective sees itself as an effort to bring together conversations
around doing media anthropology in South Asia, besides connecting with
global interactions around it.

The Collective envisages itself as a body for all things media anthropology
to do with South Asia, ranging from first contact for researchers, sharing
of resources, writing exchanges, field notes and expression, among other
things.

To get in touch with us, write to media.anthropology2020 at gmail.com.

We look forward to interacting with you, as also your contributions!

Best,

Preeti
--
Preeti Raghunath, PhD