[Air-L] Definition of technology?

Ana Visan ana.m.visan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 17:23:06 PDT 2020

Dear AoIRs,

I am a migration and border studies scholar researching how technologies
(from mobile phones to drones to databases) affect migration journeys. I am
not familiar with STS scholarship and I was hoping you could help by
pointing me to some (seminal?) works that might help me formulate an
all-encompassing definition of technology (or a theoretical approach to
it), beyond ICTs—i.e. one that includes biometrics, information exchange
databases, but also material objects like drones, and/or one that addresses
both technology “used by” as well as technology “used on.”

Many thanks in advance,

Ana

+1 519 502 3310