[Air-L] Science Communication Study

Bonita Liu - Aesisnet b.liu at aesisnet.com
Wed Apr 8 07:21:44 PDT 2020

Dear AoIRs,

Hope you are all well during these times.

I am writing today regarding a study on Science Communication that is currently being run by AESIS<https://aesisnet.com/>, the network for Advancing and Evaluating the Social Impact of a Science. This study aims to gain insights into researchers' attitudes, intentions, beliefs, and self-efficacy regarding Public Engagement of Science - engagement in communication of science with those outside of academia. We have developed a short 10-minute survey, and we would love for any researchers and PhD students to partake! We are specifically very interested in the responses of internet researchers, as much of science communication is done online these days (think Twitter etc.).

Your answers will help us learn more about how researchers view engagement with the lay public about science, which may help uncover insights into how the impact of science can be advanced. You may take the survey via: https://bit.ly/33me9Ow

The results of this study will be published in the June edition of the AESIS newsletter and you may sign up as a member to view the results if you wish.

Thank you very much for your time, and hope everyone stays safe and healthy in these uncertain times.

Kind regards,

Bonita Liu - Aesisnet