[Air-L] Science Communication Study closing

Bonita Liu - Aesisnet b.liu at aesisnet.com
Mon Apr 27 01:35:44 PDT 2020

Dear AOIRs,

I sent an email to this list a few weeks back about a study on views regarding science communication amongst researchers  (information below) and wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that has participated or replied to my email with helpful information and articles. The survey will be closing at 12am (CEST) this Friday, 1st of May - if anyone is still interested your participation would be much appreciated. Survey can be taken via: https://bit.ly/33me9Ow

A study on Science Communication is currently being run by AESIS<https://aesisnet.com/>, the network for Advancing and Evaluating the Societal Impact of Science. This study aims to gain insights into researchers' attitudes, intentions, beliefs, and self-efficacy regarding Public Engagement of Science - engagement in communication and dialogue of science with those outside of academia. We have developed a short 10-minute survey, and are looking for researchers and PhD students to partake.

Your answers will help us learn more about how researchers view engagement with the lay public about science and may help uncover deeper insights into how the impact of science may be advanced. The results of this study will be published in the June edition of the AESIS newsletter and you may sign up as a member to view the results if you wish.

Thanks again to all those who have participated, and thanks for taking the time to read this email. Hope everyone stays healthy and well throughout this period!

Kindest regards,

Bonita Liu