[Air-L] Facebook Data Ncapture Query

Justin Ho Justin.Ho at ed.ac.uk
Sun Apr 5 04:01:46 PDT 2020

Hi Ben,

I actually came across a similar doubt when trying to collect page posts. There was a limitation imposed on Facebook's Graph API back in 2017 and it seems you can only get posts up to a limit of 600 posts per year and there is little documentation on how the returned posts are selected. I am not sure if Ncapture uses Graph API as well, but if it does, it would be subject to the same limitation. I documented what I found about the bias caused by the new limitation here:
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2053951720905874

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin