[Air-L] Instagram data scraping

Radhika G gradhika2012 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:09:58 PDT 2020

I would like to know as well. I used brand24 for a while - but would like
cheaper alternatives (Instagram api is not available?).

My team here is using netlytic and gephi mostly with twitter and YouTube
comments since those are most available to scrape.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM Jeff McCarthy <jeff.mccarthy at mmu.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> Does anyone have any experience and/or knowledge of ways to scrape
> Instagram posts? My colleague is looking to gather data on Insta posts from
> specific user accounts in specific timeframes. It's part of the next phase
> of her PhD.
>

> Many thanks
>
> Jeff
>

> Jeff McCarthy - Senior Lecturer - Digital Marketing
> MPhil | MRes (Dist) | PGDipM | BSc (Hons) | F CIM | F IDM | MPA Board
> Member | DMA North Council | iDEA Lead Manchester Met | Chartered Marketer
> | CIM & IDM CPD Awards
> Employability Lead MRT
>
> Marketing, Retail and Tourism (room 6.31), Manchester Metropolitan
> University, Oxford Road, Manchester UK M15 6BH
> Academic Support Hours: Tue 08:30 - 09:30 & 15:00 - 16:00
>
> t: +44 (0)161 247 6751   e: jeff.mccarthy at mmu.ac.uk<mailto:
> jeff.mccarthy at mmu.ac.uk>   t: @RunEatRepeatuk<
> https://twitter.com/runeatrepeatuk>
> LinkedIn<http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jeffmccarthyuk>    Staff Profile<
> http://www.business.mmu.ac.uk/our-staff/modb/profile/index.php?profile_id=961>
>   ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jeff_Mccarthy3>
> Academia.edu<http://mmu.academia.edu/JeffMcCarthy>
> Personal Blog: RunEatRepeat.co.uk<http://runeatrepeat.co.uk/>
>
> "Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read
> the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its
> website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "

___
Radhika Gajjala
Managing Editor: Fembot Collective
Co-editor of Ada: Journal of Gender and New Media (adanewmedia.org)

Professor,
School of Media and Communication
and
American Culture Studies Program